in a Pecan Shell
Formerly called Parkerís Station, Aledo was settled as a stop
along the Texas & Pacific Railroad. It was named after a railroad
executiveís suggestion since Aledo, Illinois had been his hometown.
A post office was granted under that name in 1882.
By the mid 1880s the town had 150 residents and by 1915 there was
a cotton gin, corn mill, and bank. The population grew to 400 by the
early 1920s and they finally got around to incorporating in 1963.
"Aledo appears to now be a nice little bedroom town for Fort
Worth / Dallas."
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas,
asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos, please contact