Began as "Cordwood Junction," a siding on the Fort Worth & Rio Grande
Railroad. Flatcars loaded wood here to be shipped over a wide area.
As demand for the fuel increased, the railroad built a station house
It was named in 1892 for O. H. Hasse, thought to have been the local
railway agent, 1890s.
Cotton and cattle
brought more business to town. A cotton gin, stock pens, and lumber
yard were built. With the advent of automobiles, migration to urban
centers, and highways, however, Hasse began to dwindle. Today only
a few buildings remain.
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas,
asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos, please contact