FM 25 and FM 578
About 9 Miles NW of Seguin
0200 (2000 census)
Springs, Texas Area Hotels
in a Pecan Shell
Settled by German immigrants in the mid 1840s, it had been known as Bernhardsville
and had a post office under that name in 1874. It changed to Clear Springs
the following year (and closed in 1906).
The 1890s showed a population
of around 100 and the community had a store and cotton gin. Little history is
known through the 20s and 30s, but its safe to assume that the same rural population
decline affected the town as it did across Texas.
The school consolidated with those in New
Braunfels and although the 1990 census showed just 60 residents, the 2000
census reported 200.
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing
Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local history, stories, and vintage/historic
photos of Clear Springs or their town, please contact
|Save on Hotels