in a Pecan Shell|
The former town dates from 1824 when it was
property belonging to Christopher Columbus Edinburgh. Edinburgh was a San
Jacinto veteran who is credited with being the first settler in (what would
later become) Walker County.
The community did have a church and school
at one time. It was granted a post office in 1901. By the 1930s, Falba was in
decline and while no population figures are available. It faded away. Today only
the cemetery is left.
County TX 1907 Postal Map showing Falba|
"L" in "WALKER". N of Huntsville)
Texas General Land Office
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing
Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local history, stories,
or vintage/historic photos, please contact
|Book Hotel Here