Main Street, Eagle Pass|
former Post Office is now a library|
TE Photo , May 2003
Eagle Pass Post
Office Historical Marker TextThe
first Eagle Pass Post Office opened in 1849, the same year Fort Duncan was established.
The post office changed locations several times before 1912, when this building,
designed by U.S. Postal Service supervising architect James K. Taylor, was completed.
When a new postal facility opened in 1964, this building was converted for use
as a public library. It is a well-preserved example of the Renaissance revival
post office in Eagle Pass|
Postcard courtesy www.rootsweb.com/ %7Etxpstcrd/
Pass Public Library, the former Post Office|
TE Photo, March 2002