| A hotel
built by Viggo Kohler opened in 1915 when Hebbronville's
population was 400. The hotel stands today.|
part of this hotel was built by C. F. Luque in 1915 for the owner, Viggo Kohler,
to accommodate businessmen and area travelers. Soon after it opened, Hotel Viggo
served as a fortress when area ranchers feared an attack by Pancho Villa's men.
As a result of the town's oil boom, a south wing was added in 1924. The mission
revival hotel has been a landmark on the Jim
Hogg County Courthouse Square since Hebbronville's early days.
Texas Historic Landmark 1983
Hotel Viggo historical marker|
Photo courtesy Terry
Jeanson, July 2010