First Pharr-San Juan-Alamo School close to the time it was new.
photo courtesy texasoldphotos.com
Pharr-San Juan-Alamo SchoolThe
common school district of Pharr
and San Juan began construction of this school
in 1915. First used for the 1916-1917 school year, its enrollment was 143, with
twelve teachers and a graduating class of nine. The name was changed in 1919 to
Pharr-San Juan Independent School District. Although the town of Alamo
was also founded that year and contributed students to the school, the Alamo name
was not officially added until 1959. In 1961 this became Jefferson Junior High.
It was named Memorial Junior High in 1979 in honor of all Pharr-San Juan-Alamo
its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas, asks that anyone
wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic photos,
|Book Hotel Here