on a Pinhead
Rancher John Howland
Wood owned the Bonnie View Ranch here before it was split into smaller
plots (1907-08) to provide farms for arriving immigrants
The community that sprang up included a school, cotton gin and store
(as well as one pool hall). The town seems to have survived the boll
weevil, the Great Depression but not, perhaps, the postwar rural
exodus. In the late 1940s Bonnie View was down to a just a few farms
served by two businesses.
By the 1990 census there were just 25 residents but the nineties were
kind to Bonnie View and the 2000 census reported a quintupling (plus)
to 135 residents.
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing
Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local history
and vintage/historic photos, please contact