in a Pecan ShellOriginally
called Jaun Dell by Jim Pickrell, the community’s first storekeeper, the
name was after his two granddaughters. In 1930 when a post office was opened,
the name was changed. The present name is borrowed from portions of the names
of neighboring towns Littlefield
The first church (1926) built
was a Union Church that served Baptists, Methodists, and the Church of Christ.
The town received its first cotton gin (one of two) in 1931.
census reported a population of 175 residents, which declined to 126 by 1980.
It has remained at that level through 2000.
Onward to Hart Camp
is difficult to describe just where it is. Maybe it is best to locate Fieldton
and Hart Camp is 4 miles southeast at the intersection
of FM37, FM 168 and CR 222, at the southern end of the confluence of FMs 37 &
No road signs..." - Barclay
Lamb County map showing Littlefield & Olton|
Texas General Land Office