History in a Pecan
owner of a cotton gin is the namesake of the town. The gin opened in 1890 and
a post office soon followed.
one time Rucker had its own school built on donated land. Early population figures
are not available, but the 1940 census counted twenty-five residents.
of 1990, Rucker was still listed as a community.
Comanche County Postal Map showing Rucker|
"O" in "COMANCHE" near Eastland County line)
General Land Office
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing
Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local history, stories, and vintage/historic
photos of their town, please contact