Cell Block Museum
One of the more attractive jails anywhere in Texas.
This one had Elvis as one of its short-term guests. (Elvis
was stationed at Ft. Hood).
1893, this building serves as the third jail for Hill
County. It was designed by W. C. Dodson of Waco,
architect of the Hill
County Courthouse, and built by the Brown County firm of Lovell
and Wood. The brick and limestone structure reflects influences of
the Victorian and medieval revival styles. Interior space includes
living quarters in the front for the sheriff and jailer. Steel-clad
prisoner cells are located in the back section.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas,
asks that anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic
photos, please contact