in a Pecan Shell
No photos (and very little information) available.
Olga was near the
Coke county line in Nolan County. There is no record available how the town came
to have such a Russian-sounding name. The community was abandoned by 1940.
The first postmistress had the pioneer-sounding name of Annie Parker and
apparently liked to link events with holidays. The town's post office opened on
Columbus Day, 1892, and was moved to Blackwell
on Halloween, 1910.
Escapes, in its purpose to preserve historic,
endangered and vanishing Texas, asks that anyone wishing to share their local
history, stories, or historic/vintage photos, please contact
Nolan County postal Map showing Olga|
Texas General Land Office
|Book Hotel Here