a Pecan Shell The
town was settled sometime prior to the opening of a post office in 1904. Storekeeper
Robert B. Muldrow became the communityís first postmaster in July of that year.
Methodist church building, constructed in 1913 was moved to the community of Welch
and in 1934 the post office was relocated to Welch
Oil fields injected growth in the county, but Pride didnít benefit
due to poor infrastructure. Depression-era stats arenít available but shortly
after WWII, Pride had 80
It was included on county maps as late as 1980 although all
the businesses had already closed.
County, TX 1920s Map showing Pride NW of Lamesa|
Texas General Land Office
| Book Hotel Here
- Expedia Affiliate Network|