on a Pinhead|
When the Chicago and Rock Island line extended
across Tarrant County around 1903, it added a series of switches and spurs. One
of these sites was named Tarrant and like many shipping points, a community grew
Within a few years a few businesses opened and a post office
was granted (1905) but with the larger town of Euless
just two miles north, hopes of growth (if they existed) were modest.
by 1915 Tarrant had 75 residents as well as a blacksmith; gin and drugstore. But
Euless won out as expected and as people moved,
the post office at Tarrant was discontinued in the 1920s. As the 1940 Census approached,
Tarrant had become a part of Euless without needed
an official proclamation of annexation.
Tarrant County map still showing Tarrant|
NE of Fort Worth
Texas General Land Office
|Book Hotel Here