County, East Texas
About 16 Miles SE of Center
in a Pecan Shell|
Settled in the early 1890s, the community had a short-lived post office (1894-1907).
The population in the 1930s was less than 30 but by the end of WWII,
it still had a church,store and gin.
A slow but steady decline has left
the place a dispersed community, but it remained listed as a community as late
County 1907 postal map showing Dreka|
"Y" in "SHELBY")
Courtesy Texas General Land Office
in its purpose to preserve historic, endangered and vanishing Texas, asks that
anyone wishing to share their local history and vintage/historic/contemporary
photos of their town/subject, please contact
|Save on Hotels