in a Pecan Shell|
Originally called Blue Stretch, the community was renamed Wagram in
1906, when the town’s post office opened. It had been settled sometime between
1865 and 1870, by German immigrants and transmigrating Anglo families.
The town once had a general store, and a combination school-church. The store
burned, the church moved and the school merged with Fredonia.
Wagrams population was listed as only five in 1933 and but swelled to twenty by
The old Church of Christ was used for elections through the late
1970s. The Wagram cemetery is marked on detailed county maps.
County 1907 Postal map showing Wagram|
"O" in "MASON")
Courtesy Texas General Land Office
|Save on Hotels